Friday, December 8, 2017

Personal Narrative Day 7

I can vary the pace of my story to elaborate on the important parts. This helps the reader slow down and pay attention to those specific scenes. 

Strategies for Elaborating the Important Parts

-Slow down the action, telling it bit-by-bit
-Add Dialogue
-Give detail
-Show small actions
-Add internal thinking

I went down the tube super fast and I was feeling really scared.


I put both of my wet cold mittens in the snow to give myself a start down the hill. I thought to myself, "please don't let me crash!" As I looked at my friends their faces were filled with the same anticipation and nervous smile as mine. "1, 2, 3" Jessica said. I pushed as hard as I could and started down the hill. I immediatly felt the cold, hard wind hit my face......

No comments:

Post a Comment