Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Personal Narrative Day 6


When you write a personal narrative, it is important to put yourself inside the skin of the main character (the character is the writer of course, just you in a different time and place), and then tell the story through that person's eyes, exactly the was he or she experienced it.


Point of View

I was in the middle of washing dishes and my hands were covered in suds when the phone rang.

First Try....
My sister picked up the phone. It was my mom telling her that she had been to the doctor. 

Second Try....
My sister picked up the phone. I heard her say, "What'd he say?" and "Did he give you anything for it? After she hung up she said, "That was Mom. She's been to the doctor. 

Practice writing in your point of view.


No comments:

Post a Comment