Monday, October 23, 2017

Personal Narrative Day 1

Strategies for Generating Personal Narratives

1. Think of a person who matters to you, list small moment stories connected to him or her and write one.



Small Moments
When I first met her at St. John's.
When I found out I was going to have a baby.
Hard conversations about my mom.
When Mrs. Petersen brought her puppy to my house.
When Mrs. Petersen and I got our job together at Wayzata.

Flash Draft
It was a warm July day and I had was visiting the new school I would be teaching at. This was my first job! I was so excited. It was the year 2008 I remember that because it was the year I got married to Christian!
My new principal told me she had just hired a new teacher she thought I would get along great with. I was skeptical. However, as soon as Mrs. Petersen, at the time she was Ms. Ulrich, came flying through the door with caribou coffee in one hard and treats in the other for me, I knew we would be GREAT friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment